To help you teach employees how to work safely around electrical and natural gas lines, we’re pleased to offer you a FREE safety training kit.
How to Order: Simply click the “Order” button below and complete the online order form. Orders are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery.
Free Kit Includes:
Contractor Beware® Booklets (20)
These 8-page booklets feature full-color photos that illustrate key safety tips regarding overhead and underground power lines, excavation, spotter and equipment usage, and natural gas lines.
Wallet Cards (20)
This is a quick reference guide to carry with you at all times. Contains critical information
and telephone numbers. Additional Wallet Cards may be ordered to accommodate all employees.
Worker Beware® Slideguides (20)
These handy guides provide a safety checklist to prevent overhead and underground utility contacts. They emphasize 811—the call before you dig number, and the CGA best practice of white-lining to pre-mark dig areas before a locate. It also tells what to do if a contact or a gas leak occurs, or if an unmarked line is exposed while digging.
1 Worker Beware DVD (1), which contains:
- Worker Beware video: This video training tool contains the latest, utility-related safety information available and enhances our other program materials. The video is broken into manageable, scenario-specific training modules for your convenience, including:
- Introduction: Electric & Gas Safety Basics (5 min.)
- Digging & Excavating (14 min.)
- Ladders & Long Tools (8 min.)
- Cranes & Heavy Equipment (8 min.)
- Slide Show: This presentation is designed to enhance your safety meeting by introducing basic safety information to participants before viewing the video. It includes talking points to assist you with each slide.
- Trainer’s Guide: This comprehensive guide addresses everything you need to run an effective safety training session, such as learning preferences, room set-up tips, presenter’s notes, and ideas for discussion and activities.